Monday, July 22, 2013

Long time, No see

I am officially an adult, a dolt... Essentially I am now legally responsible for my own actions. I don't know how I feel about that. Well that happened several month ago along with a goo number of other things in the long amount of time that has gone by since I last posted.
Hmm let me try to remember the important stuff. Well for one, I graduated high school, that was kind of weird, and really not as exciting as everyone seems to make it out to be. I guess that might  be cause unlike a lot of people and didn't have that time of confusion and aimlessness that other people have once they finish public education. Instead  I just kept of going keeping up a busy schedule. The week after I graduated I left home to live with my grandparents and work on a ranch for the summer. Although I cannot say that I don't go back down and visit often, the first three weekends I ended up making the two hour drive for various different reasons. Which brings me to the next things that I did. That first weekend I came back I did so because I and two other friends (I'll come up with nicknames for them in a minute) signed up for the Dirty Dash. It was AWESOME. I highly recommend it, especially if you are just getting into running and want to start out with something fun. Essentially it is a 5k or 10k, your choice that in your path different types of obstacles have been put in your path. As the name might suggest most of these obstacles involve the heavy use of mud. Have you ever floated in mud? If you haven't you should try it, it is a cool feeling.
So I did it with these two girls lets call them... Screw it  Their first names were Megan and Jade. I don't know why but I just could not think of a good nickname for those two. Anyway I was under the impression that we were going to run this well, RUN. So at least for the week before it i went out every night as it cooled off and ran two or three miles. Well it turns out all my work was for naught. The girls just wanted to kind of hang out and have fun so we walked most of it. Plus near during the last leg of it  Jade's knee got cut up pretty bad in one of the mud pits making running a bad idea. But it turned out as lots of fun, you can run or walk it and you should definitely try it sometime.
  \
Well it is getting way to late I need to go to bed so one more thing and then I'll have to continue to update you on my summer later.

So this July I began a free online creative writing class. I'm supposed to write around 2000 words a week and post 1000 of them of writeaboutdragons.com, but um I have kind of been slacking. I plan on catching up though I am only one week behind. So why is this relevant to you? Well you see when I post my work other students in the class give input on how I make it better and other editing things. This is where You come in those edited works with be posted here, FREE! For you to read whenever you want. This means you will more regular updates, isn't this just exciting. I will post the first edited part tomorrow.

P.S. The two girls I did the run with were quite attractive and yes you should be jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment